Book List! Top Ten
Yay! I get to start my top ten books and my top ten authors from my own personal collection. Now books can be overwhelming. It's because we look at it from cover to cover. Only 10% of people finish a book after they start it. I always suggest to pick a chapter, pick a page, pick 10 pages and do not move on without reading it six times. Live by it, make notes to hang up about what you learned, teach it to someone else, and then live by it. Listen to a book why you walk, while organizing, while in your subconscious.
The next part is to achieve a growth mindset. Get into a new routine with your time. Pick a book for each year and read it monthly. Just one book. Just be in it. Just be open. Just enjoy.
1. Brown (2010). The Gifts of Imperfection: Let Go of Who You Think You’re Supposed to Be and Embrace Who You Are
2. Cline, Fay (2016) Parenting With Love And Logic
3. Covey, S. R. (1989). The seven habits of highly effective people: Restoring the character ethic. New York: Simon and Schuster.
4. Gottman (1997) Raising An Emotionally Intelligent Child
5. Gottman, J. M., & Silver, N. (1999). The seven principles for making marriage work. New York: Three Rivers Press.
6. Hari, J. (2018). Lost connections: Uncovering the real causes of depression-- and the unexpected solutions.
7. Patterson, Kerry. (Eds.) (2012) Crucial Conversations: tools for talking when stakes are high New York : McGraw-Hill,
8. Prentiss, C. (2006). Zen and the art of happiness. Los Angeles: Power Press.
9. Van Epp, J. (2010). How to avoid falling for a jerk (or jerk-ette) (5th ed.). Medina, OH:
10. Van der Kolk, B. A. (2014). The body keeps the score: Brain, mind, and body in the healing of trauma. New York: Viking.